There are different accessories that can be used to enhance the security of your gun safe. While some of these items may come in the form of an additional lock, others such as hinges and door supports are meant to protect against forced entry.
While many competitive brands may claim to use a unique locking mechanism or top-of-the-line high gauge steel, these items do not actually affect the security of your gun safe. Instead, they are added as an extra layer of protection against forced entry.
The below list contains some of the best gun safe accessories that you may want to add to your existing or new gun safe.
There are many different ways to keep your firearms organized inside of a safe. The best gun-safe accessories can make it easier for you to store your firearms and accessories, giving you more space in the process.
Some other great accessories simply give you more functionality or convenience. Here are the most important features that you should consider before deciding on an accessory for your safe.
Depending on how many firearms you own or wish to store in your safe, the dimensions of the safe may vary.
If you already have a lot of firearms inside of your gun safe and wish to store extra ammunition as well, then make sure that the accessory can fit into it. Gun-safe accessories are not designed to store large amounts of ammunition, so you should consider whether or not the accessory can fit into your gun safe.
Some great gun-safe accessories are lighting systems, which allow you to monitor the inside of your safe in case someone tries to break it open while you're away.
If the accessory allows it, you can even use a lighting system that turns on when you open the safe, making it easier for you to store and organize your firearms.
Ease of Use
A great accessory for your gun safe is one that simplifies the organization and storage process, not making it more difficult. To determine whether or not the accessory is worth purchasing, check if it makes accessing your firearms easier or more convenient.
The inside of a gun safe can be divided into different storage areas. Some accessories can fit into the safe, and some cannot. If you already have a lot of firearms inside of your gun safe and wish to store extra ammunition as well, then make sure that the accessory can fit into it.
Gun-safe accessories are not designed to store large amounts of ammunition.
The price of each accessory varies among different manufacturers and distributors. Ensure that the accessories you are buying are actually worth their price by checking if they have all the features you need.
If you already have a lot of accessories inside your gun safe, it may not be worth purchasing an accessory that does the same thing.
Tips On Placing A Fire Safe Mat Over Your Crib
A gun safe, or any kind of safe for that matter, is not something to take lightly. After all, when you are dealing with loaded weapons and ammunition, you want absolute security that your possessions are safe and secure. You don't want to have to run back and forth to the safe room every time you run into problems with it. Here are some tips that will help you to keep your gun safe and clean:
Don't Use a Rubber Mat For Your Gun Safe If you own a gun safe that is located under a wooden floor, you are going to need to get a hardwood floors gun safe instead. But remember that gun safe safes can scratch hardwood floors and gun safe pads are heavy, so it takes a sturdy, level surface for them to work. However, invest in gun safe mats, which are also made of rubber, which can prevent damage to your hardwood floors. They are also easy to clean.
Buy a Rubber Mat for Your Floor If you don't have a hardwood floors gun safe mat, you can still use one of the many other safe companies available. The Rubbermaid Pro product is a good example. It is not only heavy duty, but it is also waterproof, making it a perfect fit for your kitchen or bath.
Make Sure You Get a Good Quality Mat Place a good gun safe under a heavy rug or blanket. This will prevent dents and avoid scratches. This goes for beds, couches, dressers, etc. Remember that you should always be extra careful with heavy objects, especially when they are placed around your baby's crib. Place your guns under a cloth, or other heavy item, so accidents won't happen. Always be careful with heavy objects.
Protect Your Guns While You Are Sleeping Cover your gun safe with sheets or a blanket. This helps prevent dents and scratches from occurring. This is especially important if you use them often in your bedroom or in the baby's room. Soft pillows and mattresses are great options for protecting your guns. You can use heavy blankets to prevent any unnecessary scratches from occurring on your hardwood floors.
Purchase a Ceramic Gun Safety Mat You can also use a safety mats that can be placed over your crib mattress. They are usually white in color, and are a good choice. A lot of parents find a ceramic gun safe mat a better option because they are durable and can easily clean and maintain. They do not need to be ironed unlike some of the other gun safety mats. You can get some really cute safety mats that will not cause any scratches. If you are worried about your child damaging their crib mattress, you might consider purchasing a foam mattress protector instead of a mat.
When placing heavy objects on hardwood floors, it is imperative that you place a gun safe first. It is better to have nothing at all than a heavy object laying there, waiting to be dismantled. You should always make sure that you never put anything heavy on your crib or any other surface that is of high traffic. Your infant can quickly damage their crib mattress if they were to use it for playing.
You should also check the quality of the gun safe that you are purchasing. Remember that they come in all different shapes, sizes and styles. By only spending a few minutes of your time reviewing the choices, you can ensure that you are only buying the best, highest quality gun safe to protect your valuable possessions.
Reviews Of The Best Gun Safe Accessories From Our Research
Barska Safe Moisture Absorber Dehumidifier
This device absorbs moisture, which can harm the contents of your gun safe. If you live near a body of water or in an area that experiences high humidity levels, it is recommended to use this device to protect the contents inside your gun safe.
This device works by absorbing excess moisture from the air and trapping it in a contained desiccant. It is useful for reducing corrosion and rust inside your gun safe, which can harm the electronic devices or firearms stored within.
The device comes with an attached hook so that you can simply hang it on any of the pre-drilled holes in your gun safe.
- Dimension of 5 x 3.5 x 1.25 inches
- 0.44 Pounds
- Humidity indicator.
- Safe to use.
- You can continuously reuse the dehumidifier.
- The indicator is a useful feature.
- Ideal for every safe.
- It is versatile and can be used inside the house or car.
- Some customers have complained that the adhesive strip was not very effective.
Browning Acc, Led Light Kit,(U/I)
Browning Acc,Led Light Kit,(U/I)
- Easy to install kit
- Expandable, linear design places bright, long-lasting LED...
- A motion sensor turns on the lights when the door opens
- Automatically shuts lights off after 30 or 60 seconds with...
This LED light kit allows you to install an internal lighting system inside your gun safe. Once activated, the lights will automatically turn on and illuminate the contents of your gun safe.
This mechanism is useful for people who are storing multiple firearms and accessories as it provides a level of security when accessing your guns in complete darkness.
The lights can be activated either by a switch or motion sensor.
- LED light source.
- 6 sources of light.
- Multicolored light.
- Automatic lit off after no activity in the safe.
- The lights are bright and can illuminate the inside of the gun safe.
- You can adjust the lighting colors from white to green to multiple different colors.
- Multiple light sources.
- Motion sensor activated, so it is useful for people who store more than one firearm in their gun safe.
- Not ideal for smaller safes as the installation may be complicated.
- It is a bit expensive to purchase for smaller safes that only hold a few firearms.
Gun Storage Solutions Rifle Rods Starter Kit
This product is great for small gun safes, as it allows you to store multiple firearms inside your safe by using the rods. The kit comes with 5 rifle rods.
It can be used in a variety of different locations inside the gun safe, including sides, back, front, or even under the bottom shelf.
Furthermore, the rods are covered in a woven fabric so that the firearms do not get scratched.
- Includes 5 rods.
- Rifle storage system.
- Woven fabric cover to protect the firearm from scratches.
- It can be used to store multiple firearms inside a small gun safe.
- Holds your rifles horizontally instead of vertically, which takes up less space and is easier to access.
- The materials are high-quality.
- Great price.
- Extremely useful for small safes that can only store a few rifles at a time.
- The kit comes with additional accessories such as shelf liners and hooks.
- This product is best used for smaller gun safes.
- It is not a suitable solution if you already have many firearms in your safe.
Safety Storage - Safety Solutions for Gun Storage - Original Pistol Handgun Hangers (Hand Made in the USA)
This product is a hanger that allows you to store your firearms vertically so that they take up less space.
It is extremely useful for smaller gun safes since it is an easy, simple way of utilizing the wasted space on the sides of the safe. It is made out of high-quality materials, and each hanger can hold up to five pounds.
- Hanging system.
- Allows you to store firearms vertically, taking up less space.
- Patented design.
- Good price.
- High-quality materials that will not damage your guns during storage.
- Extremely useful for smaller gun safes as they allow you to maximize the space inside.
- The multiple hangers can be used for different firearms so that you do not have to store all of your handguns on one shelf.
- Not suitable if you already own a lot of handguns as it is best suited for small gun safes.
Cannon Safe Inc. SSL-03-Electronic Lock Security Safe Light Switch
This light switch is extremely useful for people who wish to have an internal lighting system. It allows you to connect a lighting system so that the lights turn on when the safe's door opens.
It also has other useful features, such as being able to monitor your batteries and alarm system.
- Simple magnetic attachment
- Red lighting
- 3 V Lithium Battery included
- Ideal for electronic lock safes
- Extremely useful for people with electronic locks so that the safe lights turn on when you open them.
- Easy to install.
- Reliable and high-quality.
- You can monitor your batteries and alarm system from the keypad, so there is no need to go into the safe just because you want to check them.
- Not suitable for gun safes without the electronic lock feature as this light system is not compatible with any other locking types.
Gun owners who want to make the most of their gun safe should consider purchasing different types of accessories that will allow them to better store their guns, make navigation through the safe easier and more convenient, or both.
When buying a new accessory for your gun safe, always read the manufacturer's instructions first so you can install it correctly and use it safely.