- Must be at least 21 years of age or;
- 18 years if a member of the US Armed Forces or National Guard.
- Have been a resident of Arkansas for the last 90 days.
- Have read the Arkansas concealed carry law.
- You are a US citizen or legal resident.
- You have completed an approved firearms training class.
- Have not within the last five (5) years been convicted of the offense of carrying a weapon.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
Follow these steps to obtain a permit;
Online applications are preferred
- Take the CHCL firearms safety class.
- Within six months of finishing your firearms course apply online.
- Write your confirmation number (order ID) on your training certificate.
- Visit your local law enforcement agency to have your fingerprints taken.
- As soon as possible after your online application, submit a full set of fingerprints and a certificate of training. Include a check or money order for the fee made payable to “Arkansas State Police”.
- Mail your Fingerprint cards and training page to;
Arkansas State Police,
1 State Plaza Drive,
Little Rock, AR 72209
- A late fee of $15 will apply if your license has expired.
- A new application will be required if your license has been expired for more than six months.
- There is no reduction in fee’s based on a persons age for renewals.
When you have payed online for your license you will need to contact a Firearms Instructor and complete the required training. The trainer will need to place a confirmation number on your training certificate that is supplied by the online system.
$87 (65 years or older)
$142.11 (64 years or younger)
$90.61 (65 years or older)
$78.25 late renewal (expired less than six months)
Accepted forms of payment
Credit card and E-checks
There is a $15 late fee for renewals if the license has expired and there is no fee reduction based on age for renewals.
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Places Not Allowed
- Any police, sheriff or Arkansas State Police office.
- Arkansas Highway Police facility.
- Detention facility, prison or jail.
- Courthouse or courtroom.
- Any polling place.
- Meeting place of any government entity.
- Meeting place of any session of the Arkansas General Assembly or committee of the General Assembly.
- Any athletic event not related to firearms competition in which the license holder is participating.
- Any part or section of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, except a restaurant.
- Any part of section of an establishment in which alcohol is consumed on the premises, except a restaurant.
- Any school, college, community college, or university campus building or school/college event unless the event is for the purpose of participating in an authorized firearms related activity.
- Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, unless the handgun is encased for shipment by lawful transportation.
- Any church or other place of worship.
- Any place where a property owner or manager has exercised discretion to prohibit the possession of a firearm.
- Participating in a parade or demonstration for which a permit is required.
- At a private residence without having first advised the occupants that the license holder is carrying a concealed weapon and given the permission to carry the handgun.
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Carry In Vehicle
Carry In State Parks
Carry In Restaurants
No Weapons Signs Enforced
Must Notify Officer